Hyderabad Metro launched by PM Narendra Modi
The Hyderabad Metro has been launched by the prime minister Narendra modi on 28th november 2017. The Hyderabad Metro project has been divided into three corridors. Metro covering 24 sations with 30 km length has been launched and is set to run from 29th.
The metro trains will have 3 coaches which can be increased to six based on traffic. The metro would run from 6am to 10pm. It would be rescheduled based on the demand.
Hyderabad metro is implemented on public-private partnership basis. It is the longest metro in India at the time of opening. The budget of this project is estimated to be higher than Rs. 15,000 crore. There are 2 tracks and trains are expected to move with an average speed of 35km/hr. The project is being done by L&T. The construction of the metro began in 2012.
- Hyderabad metro is the first metro in India to have CBTC technology in India. CBTC technology is useful for locating exact position of train more accurately.
- The rolling stock for the metro has been supplied by Hyundai Rotem. The trains were imported from south korea.
- The tickets are priced from Rs. 10 to Rs.60 depending on distance.
- Otis Elevator Company has supplied 670 elevators for the metro.
- The present operational route is from Nagole to Miyapur via Ameerpet.
- A mobile app has been launched under the name T Savari by PM.
Tell us what you think about the launch of Hyderabad metro in the below comments.